Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Neuschwanstein Castle










In Love.....









Hi though......









Isn't it beautiful?                    









This is the throne room! The throne wasn't finished being built before the King died, so its not in here....












Handsome man!!

Thomas and I spent a day in the Bavarian Alps at the Neuschwanstein Castle. It's considered the "Disney Castle" because its the one that Disney used as inspiration for the Disney castle. It is the most famous of three royal palaces built for Louis II of Bavaria, also known as Mad Kind Ludwig, who bankrupted the country with his indulgent spending.  *We took a horse drawn carriage up the mountain and back down. It was beautiful. We were pelted by snow falling off the trees all the way up and back. haha. 

5 comments:

Russ & Katie Ward said...

It looks gorgeous there! Glad you are having fun!

Katie Webb said...

Looks so fun! I'm confused though, aren't you moving over there to be with Thom?

Dannenbergs said...

I visited Tom for a week at the base we're going to be stationed at. That is where these pictures come from. He is actually in Iraq now. When he gets back the whole family will move there.

Jandre said...

Wow Lyns! that castle was beautiful!!! It seriously makes me miss France. I saved one of them to my computer cause it was so pretty. Hope you're having fun in Germany!

Kenzie said...

Oh my gosh!! I am so jealous! That is absolutely gorgeous!! You two are so freaking cute too! I am glad you are having fun!